Monday, August 06, 2007


I have read prayerfully the writings (poems, stories, letters, journal entries, snippets of thought) of my beloved many times over the past 18 months. Some I had already viewed, some contained with lecture notebooks were new.

I have held these writings in my hands with a deep sense of the sacred, words that were true and lifegiving when they were written. Words that relate a reality that life has overrun and destroyed.

Words that give truth to what I believed I was living. What has changed I cannot really grasp or relate to, I can guess and accept that an overwhelming sense of difference and the desire for some space in the midst of the mess of life suddenly exploded and changed the world.

So much that was life-giving and worth celebrating has become yesterdays story. The narrative has been changed and inner pain and suffering and others lives have been projected and transferred.

I rejoice in the knowledge that I tried. Along with 65% statistically of the population I am now just another man whose life has been changed due to the pressures of society.

I am a sinner and a saint. I am human, and being human I remain able to wonder at life in all its tragedy and beauty. Sunrises and sunsets give me pause for joy and the ability to accept that life goes on.

I am blessed by what I know. Pain and sorrow may have diminished some aspects of my life. However, life goes on with people continually coming my way with stories that give me pause, and make me realise that I am stronger and wiser than ever before in my life. I know I know less now than once I thought I knew. Yet I can trust that life indeed is mysterious and every day is to be rejoiced in.

I have more than I need, spiritually, physically and emotionally and this humbles me.
What a wondrous thing is human life,for all the suffering in the world both natural and manmade I can celebrate life!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What happened to the comment I posted yesterday?

graham said...

deleted due to inaccuracy, blasphemy, and accusing moi of witchcraft and blackmagic...

enough!

Anonymous said...

did reading her diaries and papers help you see her in a new way?

I can't see any other reason to leave them with you in the first place!

graham said...

not especially. But this is not the forum to discuss the details.