Saturday, April 29, 2006


I wander past post a secret occasionally.
This postcard got me thinking about the differing attitudes to life, victim mentality, positive world view, christian and buddhist perspectives. The concept that "I suck" is sad, life is a bowl of cherries, and if we get lemons we should "make lemonade". In the aeons of time that the known universe represents our life is very short, and there is only the now, not yesterday or tomorrow. Our now is a time to rejoice and be glad, and celebrate all that is worthwhile. Not negating our foibles and errors but accepting them, attempting to change, exulting when small changes are made.

I don't accept the "I suck" mentality. I know that life is wonderful, and exciting and past errors should be acknowledged and life goes on. Everyday is an occasion to make others feel good and welcome in the great mystery of life. Sure I feel down at times, overwhelmed, almost crushed but there is an energy within that tells me that life has changed not ended and I keep on keeping on. I aint one to think that "i suck."

No comments: