Monday, April 19, 2010

Long hours of work have kept me far from blogging.

BUT

the gospel and hymns at holy Mass on Saturday night re-invigorated my faith and belief.

The final chapter of St Johns gospel and the hymns "make me a channel of your peace" and "the lord is my shepherd" brought back memories of yesteryear and restored my commitment.

A commitment slightly shaken by the ongoing media feeding frenzy on the Catholic Church.

It's five years since I posted this @ agonist. And remember gentle reader that the media is focusing on the sins of yesteryear.

The sins of today are blithely ignored. It's easier to have a scapegoat, than to confront the sexualisation of todays children that is increasingly driven by the internet.

Maranatha! Come Lord Jesus! is the mantra I and many others use in Christian Meditation. A call that is more heartfelt than ever with all the tragedy of earthquakes, murders and suffering that daily occurs.

Some good things: love the new Dr Who, love the colour of the autumn leaves around Canberra, love the laughter in a group house i visit, love the memories of times gone by when life was expectant, forgiving and accepting.

shalom gentle reader. God is Great!

No comments: