Thursday, January 29, 2009



The emotional roller coast continues: grieving clergy who I have watched grow old and die, young ones with cancer, families dealing with still-births, the agony of Afghanistan, Iraq, Sudan and Gaza. The horror of child abuse. The sorrow, disbelief and grief of sudden deaths, and suicides. The pain of cancer. Friends, relatives, customers- it's almost too much at times.

I find solace that friends have the same emotional reaction to me. I'm not alone. And the rejection and abuse is common.

Last Saturday I rang the Peace Bell in Cowra for my friends, my childrens children and world peace.

I'm not getting too excited, but I'm thinking that some special times may lie ahead for me. Otherwise I guess I just hang onto the old adage 'offer it up' I'm increasingly fond of Annie:

No comments: