Saturday, April 12, 2008

Tales to be told #453
Tried to lodge the divorce application at the Family Court of Australia, after spending three hours photocopying documents and getting a Justice of the Peace to witness them blah blah blah.

Went through the security to gain access to the court, a la airport, but no duty free once inside.

Joined the queue sitting on the bench, and had to endure the sad and sorry stories of other folk as they fronted up for their interviews.

Why they don't provide a sound barrier/ partition/ wall / room in courts to protect peoples privact I don't know. Apparently you can request a room ahead of time, if you are in the loop, but for most folk who rock up you are there with all the people on the bench privy to your conversation.

Finally it was my turn. The clerk started to read the application and then said sorry theres a small problem, we cannot accept your application.

Why? I enquired and she explained that it could only be lodged 12 months after the date that I considered the marriage over. Seeing I had put down 23/12/2007 that is the date. I smiled and said "that's ok". The clerk, with a very puzzled look on her face, said most people get really upset about the delay. I explained that it gave more time for the impossible miracle to happen. I made her Friday afternoon with my attitude apparently.

A smile and being nice can be so good! I walked out of the court into the lovely sunshine laughing and feeling happy.

II fait bon... faire son possible...
___________________________________________________________________________________

meanwhile on the lighter side of the rainbow, a worker in the ACT Government sent me my licence update for my change of address, I joke not, this was sent to me by the government!

No comments: