Thursday, January 17, 2008

Gentle readers, life has dealt me another blow, I do not know if it is major or just a transient hiccup, but health woes surfaced suddenly and unexpectedly on Dec 30th.

Fortunately a wonderful guardian angel took me into her home, and assisted me with the things that needed to be done. And then, bang, zap ka-boom I developed a huge allergic reaction to the medication and my body literally 'overheated.' Almost no part of me was untouched :eek: a most unpleasant experience, that just added to the stress of my illness.

However, I have bounced back and now await the results of a medical procedure next week. If all is well another overseas dash awaits!

for LS:

___________________________________________________
from the transient to the eternal:

Over 10 years ago I was privileged to introduce many Australian readers to John O'Donohue. In his latest book Benedictus, he writes of how in any given day, some of
us humans will experience the shock of being told of the sudden death of a friend.

A dear friend of mine returned from France late last week and told me John had suddenly died in his sleep.

As Gareth Higgins writes John wanted us to be tender to the fact that the faces of strangers we meet every day all hide secrets that are both divine and tragic. We do not always know who among us is suffering some unnameable torment, nor who is rejoicing at the blessing of a lifetime.

vale John! Thanks for all the words you wrote!

A BLESSING FOR EQUILIBRIUM.BY JOHN O’DONOHUE, from ‘Benedictus – A Book of Blessings’

Like the joy of the sea coming home to shore,
May the music of laughter break through your soul.

As the wind wants to make everything dance,
May your gravity be lightened by grace.

Like the freedom of the monastery bell,
May clarity of mind make your eyes smile.

As water takes whatever shape it is in,
So free may you be about who you become.

As silence smiles on the other side of what’s said,
May a sense of irony give you perspective.

As time remains free of all that it frames,
May fear or worry never put you in chains.

May your prayer of listening deepen enough
To hear in the distance the laughter of God.

No comments: