Tuesday, October 25, 2005

I have known many people who have been encouraged and influenced by the biographies of the military, of politicians and sports-people.

My personal favourites who inspire me tend to be people who have influenced people at a grass-roots level. Dorothy Day, Catherine de Hueck Doherty, Jean Vanier, Thomas Merton, Henri Nouwen, CS Lewis all spring to mind.

Today I shed a tear(actually several) in honour of the memory of Rosa Parks.

Sulla Jones at the Agonist posted the wapo story, at wapo I found this list of blogs via technorati linking to the wapo story about Rosa.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So taking confessions are ya? I balled my eyes out watching the people file past the coffin in the Capitol rotunda on C-Span.

"arta"

graham said...

I broke down down when I heard she was being honored thus w00t!